Who we are
1. This website is operated by The Shabbat Project. The Shabbat Project is run by the following entities:
1.1. South Africa: The Sinai Trust
58 Oaklands Road
Tel: +27 10 214 2603
1.2. Israel: The Shabbat Projecr
Tel: +972 58 693 0686
2. All references to the “The Shabbat Project”, “we” or “us” in this document are references to the above two entities.
What personal data are we collecting?
3. The Shabbat Project will collect the following personal data which may be contained in the content you submit or as part of the online form you complete: your name, age, image, audio recording of your voice, country, school, synagogue, email address and your personal views as expressed in the content that you submit.
Your consent for us to use the personal data
4. By submitting the personal data you are giving The Shabbat Project consent to use the personal data for the purpose set out in this notice.
5. If you submit a video, you are giving The Shabbat Project consent to use the video, stills from the video or the audio recordings contained in the video.
6. If you are a person under the age of 21 (“a minor”) or if the content you want to submit contains the personal data of a minor, the personal data must only be submitted with the consent of a person who has the legal authority to consent on behalf of the minor such as their parent or legal guardian. By uploading content and supplying the personal data you warrant that you have the legal right to consent on behalf of every minor whose personal data you are providing.
7. If the content you upload contains the personal data of any other person, for example an image of another person, you must ensure that you obtain the consent of that person before supplying the content to The Shabbat Project. By providing the content you warrant that you have obtained the consent of every person whose personal data you submit.
8. You are consenting to The Shabbat Project using the personal data on its website, social media pages and in other content created for advocacy for the following purpose:
8.1. to promote the observance of Shabbat by Jews around the world;
8.2. to promote participation in the annual event organized by The Shabbat Project which involves the joint celebration on a specific day of one full shabbat by Jews around the world.
9. For the sake of clarity, please note that because you are submitting your personal data to be used in an advocacy campaign as outlined above, the personal data that you provide (with the exception of your email address) will become public and will be made available globally. Your email address will only be accessible to us and will not be shared with any third parties, unless we are obliged to do so by law.
10. The content may be used or made available in any geographic location around the word without limitation.
No compensation or royalties
11. Your consent is granted on the understanding that no compensation or royalties are payable to you or any person featured in the content you submit.
We have the right to edit your video
12. Any video you submit may be edited for the purpose explained above, for example by making it shorter or combining it with other content, and you waive the right to inspect or approve the finished product.
How long will we keep and use your personal data for?
13. The Shabbat Project will retain the content you submit and personal data that you provide and continue to use them in future for the purpose set out in clause 8 above.
14. By uploading the content, you are consenting to the permanent retention and use of the personal data.
15. You have the right to withdraw your consent for the continued use of the content and other personal data that you supply at any time, in which case we will stop using it. In order to lodge a request you can contact us on: email@example.com
16. Depending on where you are based in the world, you may be entitled to exercise some or all of the following rights:
16.1. To request that we correct any personal data we hold on you;
16.2. request a copy of the personal data we hold on you;
16.3. To request that we transfer your personal data to a third party (data portability);
16.4. To lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
17. By proceeding to submit the personal data you acknowledge that you have completely read and fully understood this privacy notice and consent form.