Ingredients: (for 20 donuts):
- 1 glass of lukewarm water
- 1 cube of yeast of 42g (or 2 tablespoons of dry yeast)
- 50 g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 glass of oil
- 1 sachet of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 g of flour
- In a bowl, combine the lukewarm water and the yeast, then add 25 g of sugar. Cover and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add these ingredients to your food processor: the eggs, oil, remaining 25 g of sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, flour then add the diluted yeast mixture.
- Knead for 10 min. (the dough will stick, so sprinkle with flour).
- Let the dough rise for 30 min, put the bowl in the oven at 40 degrees, it will quickly double in volume.
- Once the dough has risen, punch the dough down/degas to remove the air.
- Form 45 g balls (weigh your donuts)
- Place the balls on squares of parchment paper. Then let rise for 30 min at room temperature.
- Prepare a saucepan with enough frying oil so that the donuts do not touch the bottom of the pan.
- Gently take a square of donut and toss it in the cooking oil with the parchment paper. Then remove the baking paper from the donut. (Be careful the donuts must fry in an oil between 160 and 170 degrees)
- Brown for 1 min on each side then place them on absorbent paper.
- Garnish with sugar or chocolate topping.
Do not hesitate to follow 'In the kitchen with tsipo', for more recipes: